Who should try this experience?
PADI dive shops offer this program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat. You can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at a dive destination. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
What will you learn?
Learning to adjust your dive plan for the reduced surface pressure at altitude is an important part of the course. You’ll complete two scuba dives and learn:
- Altitude dive planning, organization, procedures and techniques.
- How to adjust your dive computer for altitude diving or calculate altitude dive profiles using the RDP Table or eRDPMLTM.
- How to avoid problems and handle emergency situations, if they occur, at altitude.
How can you start learning now?
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Sign up for Open Water Diver Online and start learning right away.
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course at A-1 Scuba Diving And Snorkeling Adventures.
- Try scuba diving with the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Browse the scuba certification FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).