Emergency First Response
Who should try this experience?
Emergency First Response training focuses on building confidence in lay rescuers and increasing their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. Course participants learn simply to follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a nonstressful learning environment. All courses are supported by self-study manuals, videos and quick reference cards to enhance learning and allow you to start learning right away.
The following EFR courses are based on internationally recognized medical guidelines for emergency care.
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
How can you start learning now?
Learn to help and sign up for an EFR course:
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll use your basic scuba equipment and will need a pocket mask to practice in-water resuscitation. During exercises, you’ll work with an oxygen unit, floats, marker buoys and perhaps CPR mannequins. Your PADI Instructor will explain the equipment that you need and may suggest additional gear, such as your own first aid kit, which will be useful throughout your diving career.
Visit A-1 Scuba Diving And Snorkeling Adventures to get advice about everything you need for your diving adventures.
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Sign up for Open Water Diver Online and start learning right away.
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course at A-1 Scuba Diving And Snorkeling Adventures.
- Try scuba diving with the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Browse the scuba certification FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).