PADI Skin Diving
Who should take this course?
It’s a great way to explore the underwater world when you’re not able to scuba dive or if scuba diving just isn’t your thing. The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you how to enjoy watching life below the surface and comfortably venture underwater for short visits, whether you dive in a local freshwater lake or the big blue ocean, at home or on holiday at a dive destination. To enroll in a PADI Skin Diver course, you must be at least 8 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and comfort in the water. No prior experience is required!
What will you learn?
The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you about:
- How to choose, adjust and use skin diving equipment.
- Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water.
- Snorkeling and skin diving techniques including checking buoyancy, surface swimming, clearing water from your snorkel and performing effortless surface dives.
- Going on an optional skin dive at a local dive site.
How can you start learning now?
Enroll in a course at A-1 Scuba Diving And Snorkeling Adventures, and get started earning your PADI Skin Diver certification. Ask your PADI Instructor about the PADI Discover the Underwater World video and companion piece – The Snorkeler’s Field Guide. Although not required for the course, the video has great tips that will come in handy when you hit the water and the field guide covers different underwater environments along with common aquatic life.
What scuba gear will you use?
Your PADI Pro will likely provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges, and a tank.
Visit A-1 Scuba Diving And Snorkeling Adventures to learn more about the gear you will need to start your adventures in Discover Scuba Diving.
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Sign up for Open Water Diver Online and start learning right away.
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course at A-1 Scuba Diving And Snorkeling Adventures.
- Try scuba diving with the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Browse the scuba certification FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).